Creating Pathways to Success
At FastBraiin, we work with people who have what is generally referred to as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) / (ADD). Our view of ADD/ADHD is different.
We look at ADHD, what we call FastBraiin, not as a disease or disorder but instead as a unique ability – an ability to effectively handle a number of tasks simultaneously, to respond quickly to changing environments, changing tracks and back again, to do more and be more.
Like any ability, it’s essential to understand ADHD/FastBraiin and to harness its potential. That’s what we help our clients accomplish.
A big part of doing that is helping our clients, whether children or adults, build more support among family and friends to create a stronger, more positive self image. Building that support is critical. It helps our clients gain a new perspective and that’s where the term FastBraiin comes in. When our clients begin to think of ADHD or ADD as FastBraiin, they will drop the negative associations and start building positive ones. When ADHD becomes FastBraiin, our clients will become more connected to the people around them and draw on that support. They become connected to their full potential – they become their best.
FastBraiin’s Integrative Approach
- Medical – evaluations, workshops, medical and non-medical therapy, discussions on nutrition, diet and exercise to improve learning
- Behavioral – counseling, social skills groups, cognitive behavioral training
- Educational – work with parents, school, client on classroom/work accommodations and how to learn and learning styles; use of music and speed in learning; adaptive learning; IEP/504 plans
- Cogmed-certified computer program (30 published articles) for improving attention/memory
- Adult and executive enrichment programs
- Support groups and martial arts